En Anwar Syahrin was appointed to the Board of Setia Haruman on 2 January 2020. He was formerly a Director from March 2015 to August 2018.
Anwar holds a Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering from Imperial College, London and an MBA from University of Salford, United Kingdom. He is also a qualified chartered accountant and a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales as well as a member of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants.
Anwar is currently the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer and a member of the Board of UEM Sunrise Berhad since 1 September 2014. At UEM Sunrise Berhad, Anwar is also a member of the Board Development Committee, Board Tender Committee and Board Governance & Risk Committee.
He was formerly the Group Chief Financial Officer at MMC Corporation Berhad (“MMC”), a position he assumed from June 2008. Anwar was also appointed Group Head, Ports & Logistics Division in January 2014 at MMC. He was previously the Chief Financial Officer of the Port of Tanjung Pelepas from April 2006 to May 2008. He was formerly the co-owner and Managing Director of Business Associates Consulting Sdn Bhd, a boutique strategy and management consulting firm based in Kuala Lumpur from 2003 to 2006. Prior to that, he was attached to Arthur Andersen and Ernst & Young in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Manchester in the United Kingdom from 1998 to 2002. Anwar started his career with Shell Malaysia Trading Sdn Bhd in 1996 as a transport executive where he gained considerable experience in transport and logistics.
Anwar was conferred an individual award for ‘Outstanding Property CEO’ at The Edge Malaysia Property Excellence Awards 2018 and ‘2018 Malaysia Real Estate Personality of the Year’ at PropertyGuru Asia Property Awards (Malaysia). He was named the CEO of the Year at the Property Insight Prestigious Developer Awards 2019.
His directorships in other public companies include UEM Land Berhad, Sunrise Berhad, Horizon Hills Resort Berhad and ONE15 Marina Development Berhad.
Mohamad Faizal Mohamad joined UEM Sunrise on 1 January 2012 and is currently responsible for the Strategy Division. In this capacity, he oversees the Company’s strategy, business development, programme management and land management functions.
Prior to joining UEM Sunrise, he served in various capacities within the UEM Group of Companies including UEM Group Berhad, UEM World Berhad and Faber Medi-Serve Sdn Bhd.
Faizal also served in Lembaga Tabung Haji (The Malaysian Hajj Pilgrims Fund Board) as part of the Putrajaya Committee on Government Link Companies’ High-Performance Cross Exchange.
Programme from 2008 to 2009, wherein he was responsible in managing a portfolio of investee companies in the banking, property, manufacturing and services sectors.
He holds a Master of Commerce from the University of New South Wales, Australia and a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Queensland, Australia. He is also presently a member of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA) and a member of CPA Australia.
SH Integrity Policy Statement
Setia Haruman Sdn Bhd or “SHSB” is committed to conducting its business in an honest and ethical manner and to observe the provisions of the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission Act 2009 (MACCA) and Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (Amendment) Act 2018, as set out in SH Integrity Policy towards bribery in all its forms and matters of corruption that might confront SHSB in its daily operations.
Team Members of SHSB must:
1. Be honest, trustworthy and exemplary.
2. Fully understand the Company’s beliefs and ethical standards and adhere to the the Company’s core values:
Excellence – To strive for excellence in whatever we do
Pride – Proud in being part of a national agenda and Team SH
Integrity – To do the right thing even when no one is watching
Care – To care for all our internal and external customers
3. Ensure that their behaviour complies with the policies and rules of SHSB.
4. Use the resources of SHSB in the best interest of SHSB, and NOT misuse these resources.
5. Not pay or accept bribes. (refer to SH Integrity Policy)
6. Make a clear distinction between the interests of SHSB and their private interests and avoid any and all possible conflicts of interest; all team members must not accept gifts, invitations or other advantages which could contradict this principle.
7. Report incidents, risks and issues which deviates from SHSB’s policies immediately through appropriate channels as stipulated by SHSB.
8. Report any suspicion of bribery and/or corruption in dealings with any Business Associates.
9. Be continuously conscious and aim to maintain the integrity of SHSB at all times.
10. Adhere to the Company’s “No Gift” Policy where both the giving and receiving of gifts to influence business decisions is prohibited.
1. Team Members or any members of the public who encounter actual or suspected violations of the SH Integrity Policy are required to report their concerns.
2. Each Team Member has a responsibility to ensure that suspected bribery and corruption incidents are reported promptly.
3. The whistleblowing channel shall be as below: –
SH Integrity Policy will be made available upon request. Kindly email email@example.com
SH Code of Conduct
1. COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS & REGULATIONS
• Our Business Associates must understand and comply with all laws, rules and regulations, herein in Malaysia and also applicable to their businesses.
2. ETHICS & CONDUCTS
• Our Business Associates will conduct all business with integrity, respect and trust.
• Always behave ethically and transparently in all business dealings.
• Never make facilitation payments, whether directly or indirectly.
• Maintain complete and accurate books and records relating to all SHSB business
• Act lawfully and responsibly when using social media.
• Never make any misrepresentation including on your capabilities, for the purpose of securing procurement or contract with SHSB by misrepresenting your capabilities in the services rendered or goods delivered to SHSB.
3. CONFLICTS OF INTEREST DISCLOSURE
• Business Associates with a real or potential conflict of interest or who is related to SHSB must disclose the conflict to our management even if such knowledge arises after the appointment or engagement and to take action to proactively address the conflict as soon as it is known.
• Business Associates must avoid any act or omission which may give rise to conflicts of interests in relation to the contract(s) entered with SHSB.
• Business Associates must not gain any improper advantage or preferential treatment in their relationship or dealing with SHSB’s Team Members.
4. PROHIBITION ON ANY FORM OF GIFTS
• SHSB practices a “No Gift Policy” where both the giving and the receiving of gifts to influence business decisions are strictly prohibited. Business Associates should report to SHSB if any of the Team Members request for any such incentive or any form of gift or favour.